The Canadian Betting Calculator is a useful tool for calculating potential winnings and payouts for Canadian bets. It allows users to input the odds for each selection in their bet and quickly determine the total payout if all selections are successful. This calculator is particularly helpful for those who enjoy placing combination bets and want to easily calculate their potential winnings.
What is Canadian Bet?
Often referred to as a “Super Yankee”, the Canadian bet is a sophisticated wagering strategy that amalgamates 26 distinct bets derived from 5 individual selections. Within this system, bettors place 10 doubles, 10 trebles, 5 fourfolds, and a single fivefold accumulator. It’s designed in such a way that bettors have the chance to secure returns even if all of their picks don’t come through.
How Does Canadian Bet Work?
The mechanics behind this wagering strategy revolve around covering multiple combinations of bets from five chosen events or outcomes. Here’s a breakdown:
- Doubles: 10 bets that cover every two-outcome combination of the 5 events.
- Trebles: 10 bets that cover every three-outcome combination.
- Fourfolds: 5 bets that cover every four-outcome combination.
- Fivefold: 1 bet that covers all 5 events.
To see any return from a Canadian bet, at least two of your five selections must win. However, the more of your selections that win, the higher your returns will be.
|Part||Combinations of events (1-5)||Number of Bets|
|Doubles||12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25, 34, 35, 45||10|
|Trebles||123, 124, 125, 134, 135, 145, 234, 235, 245, 345||10|
|Fourfolds||1234, 1235, 1245, 1345, 2345||5|
How To Use a Canadian Bet Calculator?
The calculator simplifies the process of determining potential returns from such complex bets. Here’s how to use one:
- Selections: Input your five event/outcome selections into the calculator.
- Odds: For each selection, enter the odds offered by the bookmaker.
- Stake: Input the amount you wish to wager. This amount is typically multiplied by 26 (the total number of bets) unless you’re using a per-bet stake.
- Calculate: Hit the calculate button.
- View Results: The calculator will provide a breakdown of potential returns based on the number of successful selections.
Let’s say you’ve selected five soccer matches and predict the outcomes for each. You input these into the calculator along with their odds:
Match A – 1.5
Match B – 2.0
Match C – 2.5
Match D – 1.7
Match E – 1.9
If you stake $1 on each of the 26 bets (totaling $26), and, for instance, 3 of your predictions are correct, the calculator will consider the odds of those winning matches to estimate your potential returns from the doubles, trebles, and so on.
No, you can see a return if at least two of your selections win.
No, while they are similar, a Yankee consists of 11 bets from 4 selections, whereas a Canadian consists of 26 bets from 5 selections.
The origins of the name are somewhat unclear, but it’s assumed to differentiate it from other betting combinations, like the Yankee or the Heinz.
This is subjective and should be based on your personal betting budget and strategy. Remember, the stake is typically multiplied by 26, so bet responsibly.